75+ Unique Watch Engraving Ideas
Engraving a watch’s case back is a way to add personalization to a watch that transforms it from a mere timepiece to a keepsake.
When you think about your “everyday carry” items, your watch lands firmly at the top of that list, so making it more personal makes sense. When giving an engraved watch as a gift, the engraving reminds the recipient of the bond the watch represents between you every time they see it.
Whether you’re thinking of engraving a watch for you or for someone else, it’s easier than you might think. Nixon offers engraving on our most popular watch models.
Let's get into some of our favorite watch engraving ideas.
What to engrave on a watch?
While it’s not a tattoo, custom engraving your watch isn’t something to rush into. So what do you engrave on a watch? To help get you started, we’ve compiled a list of starting points and engraving ideas to inspire you.
Take these ideas for watch engravings as jumping-off points; it’s your watch (or gift), so make it personal!
- “No more teachers, no more books...”
- “School’s out...Forever!”
- “Off the market.”
- “They put a ring on it.”
- “The best is yet to come.”
- “There is no remedy for love but to love more.”
- “I only want to annoy you, forever.”
- “Welcome to happily ever after.”
- “You rock this marriage thing!”
- “We’re my favorite love story.”
- “I love your guts.”
- “Take this job and shove it!”
- “Better than a brass ring.”
- “Welcome to the endless vacation.”
- "Perseverance always wins."
- "Big Boss."
- "Always Be Closing."
- "Happily Ever After."
- "May your love forever grow."
- "I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying."
- "The best damn groomsman."
- "Way to have my back."
- "No new friends."
From Parent to Kid
- “You’re my proudest accomplishment.”
- “Way to carry the bloodline.”
- “I’ve loved to watch you grow.”
Father’s Day and Mother’s Day
- “You’re rad, dad.”
- “You’re the bomb, mom.”
- “Sorry for giving you all the grey hairs.”
- “For keeping track of curfew.”
Romantic Boyfriend or Girlfriend Gift
- “You give me butterflies.”
- “Love you more today, but not as much as tomorrow.”
- “I wanna hold your hand.”
Gift for Friends
- “To My Ride or Die.”
- “To the family I chose.”
You Can Quote Me
- “Peace to you, if you’re willing to fight for it.”
- “Utah, gimme two!”
- “I love lamp.”
- “Be humble.”
- “Time has come today.”
- “Biggie, Biggie, Biggie, can’t you see...”
“Time” for Puns
- “Here for a good time, not a long time.”
- “Time to write a thank-you card.”
- “I wanted to make time for a friend.”
Smells Like Team Spirit
- “A team above all. Above all a team.”
- “For the love of the game.”
- “Cheesehead for life.”
Shared Experiences and Timeless Moments
- “To Hell and back.”
- “I survived 2020.”
- “Festival Season 2022.”
For the Men and Women in Uniform
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
- “Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”
- “Who dares, wins. Who sweats, wins. Who plans, wins.”
- “Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone.”
- “When eating fruit, remember the one who planted the tree.”
More Engraving Ideas
- Just for You
- Marking a Life Accomplishment
- Important date like an anniversary or birthday, or when Point Break premiered (July 12, 1991)
Hopefully, that gives you plenty of watch engraving ideas for your next engraved watch gift. No matter if it's for you, the best dad or mom, a role model, a special someone or a best friend, an engraved message makes a watch epic.
Engrave your next Nixon, or if you really want to go for a one-of-a-kind watch, check out our fully-customizable Nixon watches. Time to get your creativity on!
For more great gift ideas, check out our Valentine's Day gift guide, or our special occasion gift selection. After all, who doesn't love receiving gifts from Nixon?